Last Updated: October 9, 2012
These Terms of Service apply to your access to, and use of, the Site, and your use of the Interactive Areas and the Services. However, these Terms of Service do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with us for services or otherwise. Your use of the Site and the Interactive Areas are subject to, and expressly conditioned upon your agreement to, these Terms of Service. If you are using the Site, the Services or the Interactive Areas on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms of Service on such entity's behalf, and that such entity will be responsible for and indemnify us for violations of these Terms of Service.
1. Limited License
- a. Acceptable Use. You agree not to use the Services in any way that (i) violates any law, rule or regulation, including, without limitation, the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act; or (ii) harms Zillow, its service providers, suppliers or any other Zillow user. You agree not to use the Services in any way that breaches the Good Neighbor Policy or any other policy or notice on the Services.
- b. Automated Queries Prohibited. Automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) are strictly prohibited on the Services, unless you have received express written permission from Zillow. As a limited exception, publicly available search engines and similar Internet navigation tools ("Search Engines") may query the Services and provide an index with links to Web pages included in the Services, only to the extent such unlicensed "fair use" is allowed by applicable copyright law. Search Engines are not permitted to query or search information protected by a security verification system ("captcha") which limits access to human users.
3. Interactive Areas; Feedback
The Services include interactive areas where users may post, link to, or otherwise share materials (collectively, the “Interactive Areas). In addition, you may respond to Zillow surveys or provide Zillow with comments, suggestions and/or feedback relating to the Services (collectively, “Feedback”). Unless Zillow explicitly provides otherwise, in the event that you post materials in an Interactive Area or provide Zillow with Feedback (collectively “Submissions,” each, individually, a “Submission”), you grant Zillow an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to (a) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, and translate your Submission, in connection with the Services or in any other media, and (b) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Zillow will not pay you for your Submission. Zillow may remove your Submission at any time. For each Submission, you represent that you have all rights necessary to grant Zillow the rights in this paragraph and that the Submission complies with Section 2(a) above.
4. Account Use; Privacy
5. Additional Services
- b. Credit Reports. Zillow may provide the opportunity for users to order consumer credit information for individual consumers (the "Credit Report Services"), which may be provided to you via a third-party vendor. The specific rates and payment terms are as set forth on the . The Credit Report Services are subject to the Credit Report Terms and, by ordering a credit report from Zillow, you agree to be bound by and accept the Credit Report Terms.
6. Payments for Services
- a. Automatic Payments. Depending on your pricing plan, Zillow will charge the credit or debit card you provide ("Credit/Debit Card") the applicable Fees on either a semi-annual, a quarterly, or a monthly basis. When you provide us with your Credit/Debit Card, you may elect to either make it valid solely for use by you or for use by both you and the organization that you work for (your “Organization”). If you elect to make your Credit/Debit Card valid for use by your Organization, anyone within your Organization may make charges against your Credit/Debit Card. All applicable Additional Service Fees will be charged to your Credit/Debit Card when a service is ordered by you and/or your Organization. Zillow will notify you by e-mail the first time that Zillow charges your Credit/Debit Card.
- b. Late Payments. In the event that Zillow cannot collect the Fees from you, due to insufficient funds or otherwise, the overdue Fees will be subject to interest, and Zillow may cease providing the Services to you immediately. Interest on unpaid Fees will accrue at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month per month until paid, or the legal maximum, whichever is less, plus all expenses of collection, including, without limitation, collection agency fees and costs.
- c. Automatic Renewal Laws. After activation of your account, in accordance with the laws governing automatic renewal of consumer contracts, Zillow will provide you with notice at least thirty (30) days, but not more than sixty (60) days prior to the date by which you need to cancel the Recurring Service Fees.
- d. No Refunds. Zillow is under no obligation to refund any Fees.
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE AND HAVE FEES CHARGED TO ANY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD THAT YOU PROVIDE TO ZILLOW. BY SIGNING UP FOR A ZILLOW RENTALS ACCOUNT, YOU AUTHORIZE ZILLOW TO CHARGE THE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD THAT YOU PROVIDE TO ZILLOW ON A RECURRING BASIS. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU SIGN UP FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES, YOU AUTHORIZE ZILLOW TO CHARGE THE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD THAT YOU PROVIDE TO ZILLOW THE AMOUNT CURRENTLY CHARGED BY ZILLOW FOR SUCH SERVICES.
You understand that you may withdraw this authorization to make automatic payments, by notifying Zillow at firstname.lastname@example.org. If such notice of revocation is not received by Zillow at least three (3) days in advance of a scheduled withdrawal Zillow may still charge your account for the next payment and your revocation will not take effect until the following payment.
7. Third Party Web Sites and Content
10. Electronic and Mobile Communications
Zillow may choose to deliver all communications with you electronically, which may include: (a) email to the email address that you provide to Zillow upon registration or that Zillow receives from an agent, renter or other third party; or (b) posting on the Services. You agree to do business electronically with Zillow, and to receive electronically all current and future notices, disclosures, communications and information, and that the aforementioned provided electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You agree that you meet the following technical requirements and are able to access and retain copies of notices and information sent or made available electronically: (i) internet access with 128-bit encryption; (ii) Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or higher; (iii) ability to print Internet Explorer 6 or higher; (iv) Netscape 8.04 and above (use in IE mode); and (v) e-mail access or Firefox version 1.5. If you request to receive updates or other information by mobile phone or text message, you consent to our communicating with you via your mobile device. While Zillow does not charge for these services, your carrier's normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will still apply. At any time, you may text STOP to cancel or HELP for customer support information.
11. Claims of Copyright Infringement
Zillow respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Zillow's copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information:
- a. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- b. Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it;
- c. Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and
- d. A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf in this situation.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows:
By mail to:
1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31
Seattle, WA 98101
Attention: Copyright Agent
By e-mail to:
If you give notice of copyright infringement by e-mail, Zillow's copyright agent may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
12. Intellectual Property
The Services are the property of Zillow, and subject to the intellectual property rights of Zillow and its licensors. ©2010-2012 Zillow, Inc. All rights reserved. Patents pending. Zillow, Zillow.com, the z-in-a-house logo, Zestimate, Make Me Move, Dueling Digs, Zestimator, Zindex, RentJuice, Postlets, Vyoo.it, Diverse Solutions, the Diverse Solutions logo, dsSearchAgent, dsAgentChat, dsIDXpress, AgentCast and dsAgentReach are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Zillow in the United States and/or other countries. You may not use any of Zillow's trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services. The names of actual companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
13. NO WARRANTY
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN WRITING, ZILLOW PROVIDES THE SERVICES "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZILLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
14. LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
15. Indemnification and Release
16. Updates; Discontinuation; Modifications to Services
17. Services Not Provided
Zillow is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas, but does not broker real estate transactions. Zillow does not act as a real estate agent for you or any other user.
Pricing for Zillow Rentals Services
|Product||Single Agent Price||Multi Agent Price|
|Zillow Rental Pro - Month-to-Month||$79||$149|
|Zillow Rental Pro - Three Months Prepaid||$69||$139|
|Zillow Rental Pro - Six Months Prepaid||$59||$129|
|Credit Reports||$4 ($129 upfront credit)||$4 ($129 upfront credit)|